Before you complete the assignment on Margaret Sanger, Planned Parenthood and the Negro Project, tell me when you believe life begins. You might want to look at the video in Question #9 before answering.
1. Formulate your opinion on exactly and specifically when you believe LIFE BEGINS. How do you come to this conclusion? Is it based on what you have learned from your parents, friends, school, faith, or what? Have you come to this conclusion from medical evidence, spiritual beliefs, or the news media? Include any specific evidence such as medical studies, Biblical passages, news reports, Internet information, etc. At this point I am NOT asking your opinion on abortion but the first question is when you believe life begins. I mean physical life itself not something with any deeper meaning than that. Some students have said that it only begins at nine months when the baby is actually in this world out of the womb. That’s not what I’m getting at with this question.
2. Can the government legislate morality? (Be careful here and think about stealing, murder, etc. and our laws
compared to other cultures.)
3. Is Roe v. Wade valid if it was based on a lie? Google Roe v Wade for one Supreme Court case. Also check
out Bolton v Doe.
4. Does abortion constitute murder or is it simple a woman’s choice?
I don’t just want I believe __ without evidence or how you have arrived at this conclusion. Congress is making decisions on these very issues. Be sure to consider what you said in Question #1 on when life begins.
Websites: Browse the National Right to Life committee website http://www.nrlc.org/ Click on the right hand side of the website and view the partial birth arotion procedure.
Browse the National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League website http://naral.org/index.html (click on “continue on to the NARAL Pro-Choice America website”). Watch the movie clip, “Must all good things end?” Read one of the articles under Issues.
NOW, explore the information below using the blackgenocide website and complete this part of the project.
You may explore the website as you wish (going back to the homepage for more), but I want you to go specifically go to the following areas:
1. Why We Oppose Planned Parenthood
2. The Truth About Margaret Sanger
3. The Negro Project
Then if you can possibly stand it, look at the Abortion Photos and the video: “Harder Truth”.
A few students think this is a bias website so I have included the pro-choice website at the end of this assignment. You might also like to look at the Frederick Douglas website for additional information.
5. I want you to look at this investigative website started by a teenager, Lila Rose. You might find the website interesting showing infiltration of current Planned Parenthood. There was some investigative reports of some of the employees and their tactics. That website is http://liveaction.org
What are your thoughts on what you watched? Be very specific and detailed.
6. I want you to write a short paper on your reactions to Margaret Sangers views and the Negro Project(you will not be able to do the Negro Project if this website is not working). Look carefully at Margaret Sanger’s own words and you might also research eugenics if you have time.
You might find the link information of the 21-month old baby very interesting and amazing.
7. Be sure to include at least ONE QUOTE from the research materials you have looked at; include in parenthesis the reference. If you would like to add anything else, feel free to do so. Send as an email attachment.
Did you know any of this information? In my on-campus classes, I have a video put out by another organization that presents the same viewpoints on Margaret Sanger and her Hitler-like views.
IF the blackgenocide website is not operating when you begin this assignment, use the following information:
Also go to the http://www.nrlc.org site and click on ISSUE INFORMATION dropdown menu, then abortion. You will have multiple places to get information. There is even one selection “ When Does Life Begin” that will be helpful to you. There are other areas like “Medical Facts” that will give you more information. Feel free to explore to formulate your opinion.
Feel free to also go to the pro-choice website http://www.naral.org for opposing viewpoints.
Look carefully at Margaret Sanger’s own words and you might also research eugenics if you have time.
8. Now look at the link of the 21-week old baby(I may have it labeled 21-month – that’s obviously wrong) and give me your thoughts and views of that amazing phenomenon of life. Feel free to comment the story as well.
9. Finally look at the video that follows and give me your impressions of this remarkable advancement in technology
This is an amazing video on human life from conception to birth using the newest x-ray scanning technology that won its two inventors the NobelPeace Prize. This is a remarkable color video every person should see.
Conception to Birth – Visualized
User: n/a – Added: 4/21/12
I have provided two different versions so that you can watch whichever one you would like.
10. After researching all this information are you for or against abortion? Is this a new viewpoint from what you reported in Chapter 1? If you have changed your viewpoint, explain briefly why.